International Poetry Writing Competition
Conditions of Entry
- All entries must be received by 5:00pm on Friday, 28 July 2017. No
late entries will be accepted.
- Each entry must be the entrant's/author's original work. Any plagiarised content automatically disqualifies the poet from the competition.
- Each entry must be submitted in the English language, not previously published for individual profit or having won a prize in any literary competition at time of entry.
- There is no word limit.
- Poems may be on any subject and may be entered in more than one category (fee applies for each entry in Open Age categories).
- No name or other identifying material should appear on the poem. Poems will be judged anonymously.
- In the Open Age Bush Poetry Category the following definition
Bush Poetry with good rhyme and meter which is written about Australia, its
people, places, things and way of life.
- In the Open Age Local Poets Category the following condition of entry applies: Entrants must live, work or attend school within the boundaries of Ipswich City Council.
- In the Open Age Picture Ipswich Theme Category poems must be based on, and accompanied by, the relevant image from the Picture Ipswich website. Picture Ipswich is a collection of historical photographs and documents that record the lives and times of Ipswich from early settlement to the present day. Picture.ipswich.qld.gov.au
- $5 fee per entry payable to Ipswich City Council for Open Age categories. Free entry in 5-17 years of age categories.
- Open age international entrants must submit entries via the online entry form, using a credit card or PayPal account for the fee. International cheques will not be accepted.
For Printed Entries:
- One entry form per poem. Entrant to supply two copies of each poem.
- Entries to be typed or computer printed in Arial 12 pt font on one side of A4 white paper.
- All pages must be numbered in sequence - eg. 1 of 2, 2 of 2.
- Submissions will not be returned. It is the responsibility of the writer to keep a copy.
For Open Age Online Entries:
- Payments to be made with a credit card or PayPal account at the time of submission of entry.
Judging and Notification:
- Judges' decisions are final.
- Judges reserve the right to transfer poems between categories in the Open Bush and Open Other section where deemed appropriate.
- Winners will be contacted prior to the Awards Presentation event being held on Friday, 13 October 2017. Winners
will be announced, first prize winning poems (or an excerpt of these poems)
will be professionally read, and prizes presented at this
event. Prizes will be mailed if winner cannot
attend in person.
- The committee reserves the right to publish or broadcast, without fee to
the author, in part or in whole, award winning or commended entries and photographs on the
website, in an anthology and/or in media publications or broadcasts. Copyright remains
with the author thereafter.
- The committee also reserves the right to give entrants' contact details
to the media, if among the winners.
- Results will be published following the Awards Presentation, and will be posted shortly thereafter on the Ipswich Poetry Feast website at http://www.ipswichpoetryfeast.com.au.